The Thomas G. Carpenter Library supports the educational goals of the University of North Florida by providing information resources, services, and programs that encourage study and learning, support instruction and academic programs, facilitate research and scholarship, and engage the university-at-large and the broader communities we serve.
We seek to accomplish this mission through five encompassing and mutually informative goals, each characterized by a commitment to excellence, relevance to the diverse needs and expectations of our constituents, and accountability for ongoing assessment and improvement.
- Advance the immediate educational experiences of UNF students and create opportunities that develop skills for life-long learning.
- Support the scope and quality of academic programs in a manner consistent with the mission and resources of the university.
- Advance the strengths and scholarly engagement of the faculty.
- Advance community outreach and partnerships.
- Advance efforts to administer and perform effectively as a library organization.